Expand my Community achievements bar.

Outlook Email script won't work with Reader 9.1

Level 1

The attached form was designed in ES 8.2 and has worked fine with Reader 8.0. The "properties defaults" tab is set for Reader 9.0 or better. However, upon recent upgrade to Reader 9.1, the Outlook Email script stopped working. I'm new to Livecycle and scripts and was hoping that someone had an easy fix?

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Tried your form on my machine and it works fine. Do you get the same behaviour on all machines?

Paul

Level 1

No..just when I use Acrobat Reader 9.1 on any machine. 

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

Former Community Member

So it must be something environmental in your machine.

Paul

Level 1

I'm sorry, What I meant to say is ,Yes, it does not work with any machine that uses 9.1. It works fine with Pro 9.0 or versions of Reader 8.0 or less.

Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:53:07 -0600

To: hurtz33@hotmail.com

Subject: Outlook Email script won't work with Reader 9.1

So it must be something environmental in your machine.

Paul

>

Former Community Member

Interesting .....it sounds like an issue in Reader. From a code perspective everything is good .....the code tells Reader's email service to communicate with the mail client. This could be where the issue is.

You may want to post your question on the Acrobat forum and see if they know of anything .....or you can report the issue to Support and have them look into it. Maybe something was introduced into the 9.1 version.

From a Designer perspective all is good.

Paul

Level 1

okay thanks. One more question. What script is used to activate the "read receipt requested" function in Outlook?

Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:23:13 -0600

Interesting .....it sounds like an issue in Reader. From a code perspective everything is good .....the code tells Reader's email service to communicate with the mail client. This could be where the issue is.

You may want to post your question on the Acrobat forum and see if they know of anything .....or you can report the issue to Support and have them look into it. Maybe something was introduced into the 9.1 version.

From a Designer perspective all is good.

Paul

>

Former Community Member

I do not think that it is exposed in the API call.

Paul

Level 1

Okay Thanks...

Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:52:35 -0600

I do not think that it is exposed in the API call.

Paul

>