Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Orphan table header at bottom of page when page breaks a table across multiple pages

Level 2

Hi all,

I think similar questions have been asked before but I have not found an answer.

Here's the scenario:

I have several dynamic tables in a dynamic form.  The layout is flowed, and everything can grow and shrink as needed.  That all works.

However, my tables have headers.  Occasionally when one of these tables is large and needs to break across multiple pages, there will be just enough room at the bottom of the previous page to show the next table header, but not enough space to show any of the related table rows.  So it ends up looking silly, with just an orphaned header at the bottom of one page, and then the table continues on the next.

I have my tables set up so that headers get repeated on subsequent pages, by setting the header row to "repeat row for each data item" on the binding tab.  I would like to keep that functionality, but I just want to find a way to avoid these "orphaned" table headers that sometimes appear.

I have tried the "keep with next" option.  However, although this does push the rendering of the header to the next page, it seems that according to livecycle the table still officially began on the previous page.  Therefore I get a duplicate header because of the "repeat row for each data item" option.

I have also tried having two header rows, one that is set to only be displayed on the initial page, and the other that is set to appear only on subsequent pages (pagination tab).  This did not work - I ended up with duplicate table headers.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Eric,

I don't think there is a solution, not one I can think of anyway.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 10

You shouldn't have "repeat row for each data item" selected for header rows.

You should have "include header row in initial page" and "include header row in subsequent pages" selected on the Pagination tab.

Then using a "keep with next" might work ok.

Level 1

I know it is very old post but I want to check if anyone found a solution for this ?

I have the exact same problem, header repeating when page break is triggered while printing header.

regards,

SK.