Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Opening PDF in Designer not compatible with other products

Former Community Member

Is It Possible to Create a Form in Any of adobe product(illustrator,Photoshop.....) - and then Edit it in Livecycle designer ? ( I need it to open as if I created it in Designer -  with tables and buttons )

The Problem is that when opening in Designer a PDF file that was created in another product (e.g: illustrator) - i'm getting a window with 2 choices(view print screen):

when choosing the first one(Create interactive form.....) - the form opens as an image and is unusable

when choosing the second one(Create An Interactive form...) -  the tables are converted into lines - so it is unusable, also the fonts change and everything moves - so the form doesn't look the same.

prtscreen.JPG

Thanks In Advance,

Yar

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

Starting off a form this way can limit the functionality of LC Designer.

You have a couple of choices.

[1] If you go to the original document (Illustrator) and export as a JPEG.

In LC start off a new / blank form and go to the Master Page. Drag in an "Image" (not imageField) and then in the Object / Field tab you can browse to the location where the JPEG is stored (tick embed file). Resize the image to fill the page.

Then in the Design view you can add textfields; numericfields; buttons; tables etc. over this background. You would set the border and fill of each field to none, so that the user has the experience of filling in your original Illustrator file.

This is pretty much the same look and feel as the first choice in your screen shot below; however it maintains all of the functionality of LC.

[2] You can also create a form in Acrobat. If you import the original Illustrator file, you can add fields and buttons, with no fill or border (as above).

[3] Start off with a blank form and recreate your original design in LC Designer from scratch.

[4] I think that you can add fields and buttons(?) using InDesign, but I'll be honest I have not used this feature.

If you are going to use LC Designer, then I think options 1 or 3 are your best option.

Good luck,

Niall