Expand my Community achievements bar.

Opening a File Located in a Local Network

Level 2

Hi all,

I need to open some files which will be stored in a common folder on a local network using my Adobe Form. I googled and found out that, opening such files are not possible in newer versions. If we certify that particular form, then it may be possible to open such files. My form is a dynamic form in which values in the field change. If that is the case, the certification of the form will become invalid or it wont allow us to certify. I tried opening such files by placing them in our development server in which I was successful. But what I need to do is open such files placed in a common folder. Is there anyother way to open such files without using app.launchURL() method?

5 Replies

Level 2

Hi radzmar,

Thanks for the reply. Thanks for the link too. I was able to open a pdf file using aoo.openDoc() method. Is it possible to open other files such as Word Document, Excel Sheet, etc..? If that is not possible, is there anyother way to open such files?

Level 2

Hi all,

I need an information whether it is possible to open files other than pdf stored in our local network. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Level 10

Hi,

if you try to open a foreign format with the app.opedDoc() method, Acrobat will convert them into PDF if possible.

In Reader this wont work at all.

You cannot open files in another applications such as MS Word using JavaScript.

Level 2

Thanks radzmar. We placed those files in our server and used the http:// link to open the file using app.launchURL() method