Expand my Community achievements bar.

open protected documents with Reader X

Level 3

Hi ,

I get a problem when open protected documents withe Reader X , all of  them can be opened normally with reader 9.x in the same machine , so there is nothing to do with the client certificate . when tring to open the protected documents with reader X , error messages will appear in the console of Weblogic , it says :

Unexpected exception in Rest Call
com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestException
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestSecureRequest.<init>(RestSecureRequest.java:43)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestSecureRequestHandler.handleRequest(RestSecureRequestHandler.java:9)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestRequestRouter.routeRequest(RestRequestRouter.java:10)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestServlet.doAction(RestServlet.java:50)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestServlet.doGet(RestServlet.java:38)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:821)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:184)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.doIt(WebAppServletContext.java:3686)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3650)
        at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
        at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2268)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2174)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1446)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)
com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestException
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestSecureRequest.<init>(RestSecureRequest.java:43)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestSecureRequestHandler.handleRequest(RestSecureRequestHandler.java:9)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestRequestRouter.routeRequest(RestRequestRouter.java:10)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestServlet.doAction(RestServlet.java:50)
        at com.adobe.rightsmanagement.webservices.rest.RestServlet.doGet(RestServlet.java:38)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:821)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:184)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.doIt(WebAppServletContext.java:3686)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3650)
        at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
        at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2268)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2174)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1446)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

I know there must be somewhere wrong with my configurations , but I don't where and how to correct it . I can open protected documents using the reader X in  our new installed environment (same as the above  : Weblogic10g3 & JRockit  xx 64bit & SQLServer 2008 & Windows 2008 64bit ). The trouble is : I can't reinstall the environment which is working for the customer , so I want to find the wrong I made and correct it .

Any help ?

Evan Jem

1 Reply

Level 3

I've got it , should be upgraded to Livecycle 9.0.0.2