Expand my Community achievements bar.

Online form confirm page

Former Community Member

Is there a way to have the confirm page open in a new window instead of the same window?  Thank you.

6 Replies

Level 4

can you expand on/clarify what you are after a bit  please?

Former Community Member

After user submits form to server  from an online form in reader, a thank you page is sent back. That thank you page is replacing the form page, and I'd rather it opens in a new window.

Level 4

can you post the code you are using to get the thanks you page so we can

check what's needed?

Former Community Member

I am using a basic button that is submitting XML to a PHP script. What I am hoping is that when the user is viewing the form in a browser and clicks the button, the XML is sent to the PHP script, and the response of the PHP script is displayed in a new window.

I am attaching a snippet of the XML that is used to generate the button. Thanks!         

Former Community Member

Let me try to explain it this way. If the user submits the form via http submit button using Reader or Acrobat, the php returns a new pdf with a confirmation notice - e.g. "thank you for submitting the form".  So when the user closes the response pdf, the original form is there for them to print if they want. However, when used in a browser, the response document comes back as an html and replaces the pdf window so the user cannot go back and print the filled out form. Is there a way to have the response some back in t new window instead of replacing the old window?