Expand my Community achievements bar.

Once I've checked a checkbox, I can't uncheck it

Level 2

I have a leave request form that was built in LiveCycle.  I've used a series of check boxes to allow the user to select the reason for the leave request:  ie; annual leave, sick leave, fmla, etc. The problem is this:  if a user checks one box, but then decides he should have selected another instead, he can't change the selection.  What do I need to do to change this so that if you decide to choose a different option, you can do so and you can also uncheck the undesired option.  I am using LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2.

Thank you!

3 Replies

Former Community Member

It sounds like some event processing is causing the check box value to be set to 'on'. Do you have any script on the validate or calculate event of each check box?

Steve

Level 2

I don't have any scripting, but I did notice that in the "binding" palette I had On value as 1, Off value as 0, and Neutral value as 2 for the "Annual Leave" check box, but none of the others. That's the one I was having problems with. I deleted the neutral value, leaving the others as is, and this seems to have resolved the issue.

Level 1

Make sure the xtype is 'selection' and type is 'checkbox'. I apologize if this is not a valid answer, but I had the same thing happening and this resolved it.