Expand my Community achievements bar.

On postExecute Event, execute an other DataConnection

Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have a small problem. There is an dataconnection to check the connection. this connection has a postexecute event to execute the important connection. all is fine, but i get an error :"Objekt nicht gefunden" (object not found). All is fine. why i get this error?

my event-code:

<event activity="postExecute" ref="$connectionSet.Datenverbindung3">
            <script contentType="application/x-javascript">
                   xfa.connectionSet.Datenverbindung.execute(0);
              </script>
         </event>

before this event is the other postExecute event from the other dataconnection. I hope anyone can help.

2 Replies

Former Community Member

It might be easier if you describe what you are trying to do .....what are the data connections supposed to do?

Paul

Level 1

I have an form that users can fill. the mainconnection is to activate the form. that means that the watermark is hidden, all fields are protected and a sign is visible. the first time a user uses the form, he get an message that i can´t receive data from the web but the code (just a string) is not valid and used, because the code is transmitted. he gets the yellow field to add the url as exception. after that he can use an other code to activate the form.

now I had the idea for an other dataconnection. the testconnection sends nothing and gets nothing but the user gets the yellow field for the exception. thats fine.

after that I wanted to combine the two dataconnections. at first the testconnection. I receive nothing and in the postexecute event I start the mainconnection. All is fine but I get this error, where no error is.