Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

OLEDB option not appearing

Not applicable

Hi,

It has been one of those days.  In the previous versions of LC I have used an OLEDB connection to talk to a SQL Server database and and Access Database.  I did this by creating a new Data Connection in LC Designer and specifying my database information.

I have created a form in LC Designer ES2 9.0.0.2.201 and when I went to create a new data connection I was not presented with the option to use an OLEDB database.  I was only give the option to use an XML schema file, a sample xml file, an Adobe Data Model, or a WSDL. 

My question is does LC still have the ability to connect directly to a database or do I have to use a WSDL?  If it can how do I do it without the OLEDB option?

Or is my installtion messed up?

Cheers,

Barry Graham

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Barry,

I have the same version of Designer as you and I get the OLEDB option after the WSDL one, so I would say it is something wrong with your setup.

Not sure what it might be though.

Bruce

Not applicable

Okay,

I have done a little more testing and the issue seems to be with Adobe WorkBench.  If I take the form that I created and open it in the Designer stand-alone, not through Adobe WorkBench, I get the OLEDB database connection option.  If I then open the form in Designer through the work bench I do not get the OLEDB option.

If I open the form in a previous version of LiveCycle it works fine.  This is very strange.  I am curious to see if anyone else has had similar problems.

Cheers,

Barry Graham