Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Object presence and security

Level 2

I'm having a problem with visibility on a form created in LiveCycle Designer ES since I had Adobe 9 installed.  I have a text object visible on screen only, however, when I add securities to the form, somehow the object becomes visible when the form is printed.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi, There's a relevent property (or presence in the Designer's object palatte) that has a "visible (print only) option.  Is it possible that this got set somehow?  I haven't come across any visiblity problems with version 9.  Can you post your form?

Level 2

Hi, no the "visible (print only)" option was not set.  Every secured version I check, has "visible (screen only)" set.

Attached are the two versions.  One has no securities added.  The second is the secured version.

Thanks!

Level 2

I don't know if this makes a difference, but I also discovered something else.  I have buttons that are "visible (screen only)" on these forms that are working correctly.  Could it be that the text objects cannot be made "visible (screen only)"?  I've tried moving the text objects to the background, but that option is greyed out.  I still don't understand why the text objects print on the secured versions if they are set to "visible (screen only)."

Level 10

Hi, Does seem strange ... not the way I would have expected it to work.  But if buttons work as expected then maybe you can change the text objects to a button and then in the xml source add ' access="protected" ' so that it doesn't work as a button.

Bruce