Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Not saving the the line/link position in process designer

Former Community Member

I've got a process which works fine, but when I open it in process designer, the line/links are not arranged correctly. It's strange that if I drag on the service icon, then the line/link will be rearranged nicely, then I save it and close the process, when I open the process again the line/links become mess again not display in the correct position.

Is there anything I can do, so that the lines can be saved correctly. Actually, the process is working corectly even those line seems broken in process designer. I've tried to copy it to a new process, but still can't solve the problem. Please advise if it can be solved. Thanks.

9 Replies

Level 2

Could you please send me a copy of your process so that I can take a look at

it?

2011/4/7 hkho <forums@adobe.com>

>

I've got a process which works fine, but when I open it in process

designer, the line/links are not arranged correctly. It's strange that if I

drag on the service icon, then the line/link will be rearranged nicely, then

I save it and close the process, when I open the process again the

line/links become mess again not display in the correct position.

>

Is there anything I can do, so that the lines can be saved correctly.

Actually, the process is working corectly even those line seems broken in

process designer. I've tried to copy it to a new process, but still can't

solve the problem. Please advise if it can be solved. Thanks.

>

Level 10

This won't affect the process execution because your workflow design will be translated into an equivalent XML source.

The disconnected lines appears in Windows Vista OS. Make sure that your current OS is supported for the version of workbench you are using now.

Nith

Former Community Member

Nith,so the broken lines was the os issue? i've installed the workbench on win server 2003 and xp. will the problem be solved if i upgrade the os to win 7?

thanks

Level 10

I'm facing this problem on my laptop which has Windows Vista Home Premium .

But I don't find any issues on my desktop with Windows 7 Enterprise

Just make sure this compatibility issue with Adobe Support before upgrading your OS.

Nith

Former Community Member

I just tested the same file on a win 7 enterprise machine, but it still have the same problem.

Former Community Member

We have the same issue on windows XP SP2 / latest flash plugin version  available. We have workspace ES2 9.5, with patch applied.

Thanks to help us to solve that.

Denis

Former Community Member

Hi there,

I have occasionally run into the problem in the past. I had discussed this with developer and we think it is resolved in version 10.0 (LiveCycle was rebranded to Adobe Digital Enteprise Platform). I was talking to the developer and this is what we think is occuring:

When you edit your process, it creates XML in the backend that is used by Process Designer when it reloads. Sometimes edit operations in process designer might cause bits of XML to be left uncompleted (again, it is believed this is resolved.). When the process is opened again, process designer tries to  redraw the routes but gets confused because of the bits of XML left behind.

A workaround is to try and copy the process to a new process/application. This has success in the past but we can appreciate if your have a large process where this is not possible.

Hope that helps!

...Gil

Level 10

Just a guess, do not install the latest flash player plugin; instead

install the LC supported Flash player/plugin and then try.

I hope not all flash player versions are supported.

Nith

Former Community Member

Tanks to all for your advices.

As information: thanks to a recently adobe kb,

I have found the quickfixe  QF9500.17 (routes that disappear in editor but remain in deployed workflow).

After a contact with the Adobe support and the installation of this quickfix (a workbench fix --> not necessary to patch server), the problem seams to be solved.

Ths patch apply to 9.0.0.2 (9.5)

Regards

Denis