Expand my Community achievements bar.

Not printing needed pages.

Level 1

I have created a static pdf fillable form that my company could use that only prints the first page or first two pages through a print button on the form using the "" command in the script editor. It is not necessary for the remainder of the document (revision history and signature page) to print for the most people. But for those who need those pages to print along with the signatures cannot print them, they come up blank. I tested this feature before implementing the form and it worked but now it is not. Does anyone have an idea what is going on? I appreciate all the help from everyone. Thanks.

5 Replies

Former Community Member

What is the "" command?

You can control the pages that the print command will print through the print command so it is a matter of adjusting the command to do what you want.

Paul

Level 1

Sorry, forgot to paste it in. The command is xfa.host.print(1, "0", "0", 0, 1, 0, 0, 0)

Former Community Member

If you look under the Help in Designer at the scripting reference and look up xfa.host.Print it will show you what all the params are for. You wil see that the 2nd and 3rd params are for the start and end page for your print.

Paul

Level 1

Correct, I setup a print button on the form with this command which prints out the pages I want production to use (the instructions). But I still would like the capability to print all pages (instructions, revision history, and electronic signatures) without having to have production select only the pages they need. I am trying to keep it as simple as I can for the production workers.

Former Community Member

So what is going to tell you which print they want? How about you provide two print buttons - one prints just the two pages you mentioned and the other prints the entire document.

Paul