Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Not able to Test Digital Signature ??

Level 10

Created a simple form in designer 8.2 with two fields and one Signature field.

It is not allowing me to sign in the PDF Preview mode.

Form Render Type is Dynamic XML.

File type is xdp.

if i reader extend it and open it, its works

can anyone advise on this?

Also if i try to upload this form to the 7.2 form manager, i'm not able to edit any form fields even before signing...

Need someone advise...

Nith

3 Replies

Level 4

As far as i know you cannot sign non-reader extended PDF without Acrobat.

Also you have to save a copy of your PDF when signing.

I don't think you will be able to sign a PDF in the preview mode of the Designer.

You sign them in Adobe without having to pass then through Reader Extensions.

Level 10

Never mind. I forgot to select the "Basic form fill in" option while applying Usage Rights.. Its working now.

One more issue:

I'm able to sign the doc now; but after submission all the fields are back to editable including the signature field..

Do we need to control this through code??

Level 4

On the properties tab of the signature field you have and option to lock fields after signing.

You can either lock all, lock none or choose a collection of fields to lock or not to lock.

Its pretty flexible.

If you want your form to have multiple signatures and be used in reader 9 you'll have to use this property no prevent the locking of the other signature fields otherwise you won't be able to use multiple signatures (even if you certify the form first).