Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

No (vertical) gaps between fields

Level 5

ood Day All;

As I am way new at this, these last few questions may have sounded simple........

Any way, I have designed a form using LiveCycle Desginer and one issue I am having is lining up the fields so there are no gaps. I think (but maybe not) at all the options and I have yet to find the format I am looking for. So the question is;

How does one lineup (vertical) so there are no gaps between any of the fields?

Thanks All;

Regards

Chomp

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That depends on whether or not you have already layed the objects on the form.

If you have, you can 'lasso' the objects and select the Layout tool to align the objects horizontally (left or right). However, I am unaware of a way to align objects vertically with no gaps. You can use the arrow keys and your visually acuity to align the objects with no vertical gaps or you can use object Layout property sheet to set the X and Y coordinates of each object.

If you are just laying out the form, consider using Edit > Copy Multiple on the tool bar. Place the first object on the form, highlight or select the object, and go to Edit > Copy Multiple to replicate the object vertically (vertical spacing set to 'touching').

Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That depends on whether or not you have already layed the objects on the form.

If you have, you can 'lasso' the objects and select the Layout tool to align the objects horizontally (left or right). However, I am unaware of a way to align objects vertically with no gaps. You can use the arrow keys and your visually acuity to align the objects with no vertical gaps or you can use object Layout property sheet to set the X and Y coordinates of each object.

If you are just laying out the form, consider using Edit > Copy Multiple on the tool bar. Place the first object on the form, highlight or select the object, and go to Edit > Copy Multiple to replicate the object vertically (vertical spacing set to 'touching').

Steve

Level 5

Thanks Steve;

Man, they are ot making things easy. I have tried the "X' and "Y" and that works. Need to play, but once you get use to the spacing, it is not to bad

Chomp

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----