Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Newbie scripting question- dropdownlist

Former Community Member

Hi there,

I'm very new to livecycle and am tasked with creating fillable forms for our company. I've got a form pretty much designed and I am working now on making the various fields interactive based on the user input and selections.

I've read a bunch so far but am having some difficulty figuring out how to do something with multiple dropdown lists.

I have 2 dropdowns that are related. The items in the second are defined by the selection in the first dropdown.

I did find reference to a formcalc solution if the user selects an item in the first it defined the list in the second and I have that working but in my situation, the user can select 1 of 5 items in the first dropdown and it would define the same 3 selections in the second dropdown.

Basically, can a sepcifiy a range of values for the first dropdown that I caould then define for the 2nd dropdown?

What I have been trying so far is this:

if (form1.Account_Client_Information.Owner_subform.recipiant_type == 2 )then

$.clearItems();

$.setItems("TA- Tax Letter, Bunch of stuff")

endif

What I'd like to do is if the recipiant_type is 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 then setItems to one set of values,

Then if recipiant_type is 5 or 6 or 7 then setItems in the 2nd dropdown to another set of values.

Any tips on how this can be done would be appreciated! Thanks!

2 Replies

Level 7

You are almost there. All you need to do is this:

if (form1.Account_Client_Information.Owner_subform.recipiant_type >= 1 and  form1.Account_Client_Information.Owner_subform.recipiant_type <= 4) then

$.clearItems()

$.setItems("TA- Tax Letter, Bunch of stuff")

elseif (form1.Account_Client_Information.Owner_subform.recipiant_type >= 5 and  form1.Account_Client_Information.Owner_subform.recipiant_type <= 7) then

$.clearItems()

$.setItems("other stuff, Bunch of other stuff")

endif

Former Community Member

Thanks for the response! I did figure a longer solution but like yours suggestion better!