Expand my Community achievements bar.

New Workspace ES2 - Few questions..

Level 10

See the attached image of my workspace. I designed a 3 steps workflow and the screenshot taken at the third step.

questions:

1. The status shows "Not Available". Why?

2. Historical actions not available on the left panel. Why?

3. Comments added by previous actors are not populated on the right panel. Why?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Nith

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Image shows you are using an Approval Container.  Sounds like you are trying to do a sequential approval through multiple single user steps.  This needs a TaskResultCollection variable which holds all comments and the status of participated users.  Do you have a TaskResultCollection variable defined and is it set as an output variable for each step?

Jon

Level 10

Thanks for the reply.

I do not use TaskResultCollection variable. Also my workflow activities are in sequence. No need for parallel review.

Is it possible to capture the previous actor's comments and show it in the comments area as shown in the image?

Thanks,

Nith

DISCLAIMER:

========================================================================

"This communication is intended only for the named recipient and others authorized to receive it.

It contains confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately, and note that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action you may take in reliance on this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Unless indicated otherwise, this communication is not intended, nor should it be taken to create any legal and/or contractual relation or otherwise. Ministry of Finance (MOF) is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.

Whilst MOF undertakes all reasonable efforts to screen outgoing e-mails for viruses, it cannot be held liable for any viruses transmitted by this e-mail."

Former Community Member

If you want the comments and status area to contain this information, you must use a TaskResultCollection variable and set it as an additional output variable for the AssignTask step.  In the Output section of the AssignTask property editor, you will see 3 possible outputs.  You likely have the Output Data set to a variable already.  There are two others TaskResult and TaskResultCollection.  You need to add a TaskResultCollection var to your process and set this as the TaskResultCollection output for all AssignTask steps that are part of the review.

If a TaskResultCollection variable is specified for an AssignTask, then upon task creation a new TaskResult is added to the variable and its status will be Active for anyone looking at the Status.  For example, it a previous reviewer who has completed their review goes to Tracking, they will be able to see all subsequent reviewers, each of their status (Complete or Active) and any comments that any of them made.  All this is stored in the TaskResultCollection so you need to provide one as the output var for all AssignTask steps involved in the review.

Jon