Expand my Community achievements bar.

New to PDF forms please help on one form field.

Level 1

I am using adobe acrobat 8.3

i want to make a new form that will auto add a unique number to one field when the file is opened.

the name of the field is "Client ID" 

i have searched and searched and searched and yet i am at a loss i need some ones help, i am not understanding any thing i am reading i am doing every thing people ask of me that i read and yet nothing  is there any one out there that can help me or  make this one field form for me i can add the rest of the information to the form i just need this on the form

the form will be emailed and printed and emailed back or mailed back, the total pages is 10 pages long.

PLease help me some one.

2 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

Lets be clear what you want to achieve here. Are you distributing the form to several people or just someone will use it. In later case you can take the help of docReady and docClose events. In the docClose event set a counter and increment it. When the form is opened then fetch that value and put it in the Field that you want. But the user has to save the form, Is this the thing that you want to achieve or something else?

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 1

I want the form to generate a new number for the people i send it to when they open the form i want it to have a  number in the client id field.  i want the number to not change if they email it back, print it or save it. just has to be different for each person