Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

New to Lifecycle - need direction on if... then... else

Level 1

First off; i hope this is the correct place to ask this question, so if not, please let me know where to post.

I am using LC designer 8, and having an issue with the if... then... else. statement

i am writting a script using FormCal --> calculate the code below is what i need to do.  The issue that i am running into is that the code only performs one (1) of the actions under the then/else statement, is there a seceret to having more than one statement under the then / else -

This code is behind a barCode field if that makes a difference, seems if i comment out the presence statements the values are set correctly, but not the presence.

if

(Text2.rawValue == 0)

then

$.presence = "invisible"

$.rawValue

= Text2.rawValue

else

$.presence = "visible"

$.rawValue

= Text2.rawValue

endif

thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Save your form as a dynamic form and it will work.

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Can you post your form so we may have a look?

Paul

Level 1

Attaching file w/ only the two fileds affected; since the last post, i have played around with the print only options of the presence; but the issue with this is that the logic doesnt seem to work all the time; sometime the value will show and other time is does not.

Former Community Member

Seems to work fine for me. Which version of Acrobat are you testing with?

Paul

Level 1

I am using the "preview" tab and the viewer {version 8] to text. from what i see the setting of the values work with no issue, but the presence does not. - i can see this when i comment out the , BC.relevant = "+print" line of code.

When i first bring it up, the value is SS_text null - thus the barcode should not be visable on the screen, when i populate the SS_text, the barcode should be shown; but it does not appear for me, is it working for you that way ?    should i be doing somthing like the code below instead of the way i was,  i still cant get the barcode to show with it either.

if

(SS_Text

<> null)

then

BC.presence

= "visible"

BC

= SS_Text

else 

//is null

BC.presence 

= "hidden"

endif

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Save your form as a dynamic form and it will work.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----