Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need some help creating an overlay effect...

Level 4

I have created a few layouts in Illustrator that I want to bring into LiveCycle and have them show/hide if a button is either clicked or hovered over. I know how to do the hover effect, more or less, but I can't seem to figure the best way to get my AI art into LiveCycle. Basically it's the evacuation route in case of fire, where to shelter in the event of a tornado, the location of fire extinguishers, and the location of alarm pulls and I want to show/hide individually based on some trigger. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

3 Replies

Level 10

I might not be understanding this problem correctly, but if you have created some images fields and what to show/hide them, depending on a click of a button (or something),  then you can use this javascript;

Image1.presence = "visible";

and

Image1.presence = "hidden";

Bruce

Level 2

AI is a vector format, and LiveCycle can only handle raster formats.  You'll need to convert your ai file to bmp (which will likely be huge), jpg, png, gif or tif.  I would play with your options in Illustrator to see which file type will give you the smallest overall file size, and then make sure that you have it set to the exact size you'll need so you aren't taking up extra file space.  You can resize within LiveCycle, but that leaves you with either a distorted image (if you need it to appear bigger) or an unnecessarily large file (if you need to appear smaller).

Level 10

You should use PNG-8 as file format, which allows transparency.

Use the export for web and devices dialog in Illustrator to create such files.