Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need some basic help with Acrobat and LiveCycle

Level 1

This is my first time using Acrobat and LiveCycle to design a form. Basically all I need is a title that is uneditable and underneath that I want to insert a text box so people can type in the box then print off the whole page with their comments. I can do all of that except the problem is when I insert the text box, the cursor is left justified but appears in the middle of the textbox. So when people start typing, there is a huge gap between the title and what they've typed. I want their typing to appear directly under the title. What am I doing wrong? See attached for a visual explanation. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You can have the text in the field top jusitied. This is controlled on the Font palette. Turn on the Font palette under the window menu. It usually will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen. Now highlight the field you want to adjust. Make usre the paragraph tab is slected. Click on the small dropdown arrow indictaed in yellow in the screen shot and select "Edit Value". Now click the top justification as indicated by the arroe in the csreen shot.

PaulCapture.PNG

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You can have the text in the field top jusitied. This is controlled on the Font palette. Turn on the Font palette under the window menu. It usually will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen. Now highlight the field you want to adjust. Make usre the paragraph tab is slected. Click on the small dropdown arrow indictaed in yellow in the screen shot and select "Edit Value". Now click the top justification as indicated by the arroe in the csreen shot.

PaulCapture.PNG

Level 1

Thank you so much Paul. This did the trick! I can't believe I didn't find that on my own. I guess I need to play around some more with the program and become more familiar with it. Thanks again for your response. I really appreciate it.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----