Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need help with signature showing as not trustes

Level 1

I've created a form that is filled in by the user and then emailed on to their manager for approval. I've added a signature field so that a digital dignature can be applied, however every time I sign the document I'm told that the signature is invalid and the reason is that the document was modified in an unauthorised manner since previous signature was applied.

The document has not been modified, other than signing it. I'm using a valid certificate to sign with (I tried on another pdf, NOT created in LiveCycle and it worked fine).

Any ideas what might be causing this?

5 Replies

Level 10

You may ave a script running in the form, that permanently updates a field value.

Often it's a script to calculate a date or summary in the layoutReady event for example.

Level 1

Thanks but I have tried this with only the signature field in the form and I get exactly the same issue. If I create a form through Adobe X Pro and apply a signature field it works fine.

Unfortunately, having created the form in LiveCycle, if I then try to edit it in Pro it just goes back to LC so I can't use that as a workaround.

Employee

If possible can you upload a sample PDF that exhibits this behavior?

Level 1

OK, I must be pretty dense as I cannot see how to upload the document. Seems I can insert a link, a video or a picture but not a PDF!

Level 10

Upload the form to a file sharing service like Acrobat.com and then post a link.