Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need help with creating table that automatically inserts rows depending on the amount of data

Level 2

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a table for supervisors to enter in their subordinates information and will automatically insert rows for supervisors with multiple subordinates.  This form will not be connected to a data source, the supervisors will simply fill in the form and print out.  I want it to kind of look like this:

NamePosition #ClassificationHours

I really appreciate any help.  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Laura,

That is very strange. I downloaded a fresh version from the website and it works perfectly. All of the script is in the correct place.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Can I sugggest that you right click the download link and select "save a copy as" from the alternative menu. This should save the form locally and from there you should be able to open it in Acrobat.

If you are a Mac, just make sure that the form is not opening in Apple Preview.

Also make sure that Javascript is enabled in Acrobat (in the preferences window).

Niall

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

You could have an "add" button to allow the user add as many rows as they need.

There is an example here showing how to set up a dynamic table, where the user can add or delete rows. http://assure.ly/gk8Q7a

Example 4 would be a good one to use, as examples 5 and 6 just extend this further.

Note that the form needs to be saved as a Dynamic XML Form and that page needs to be set to a Flowed layout. Examples 1 to 3 show the process in moving from a static table/layout to a flowed/dynamic layout.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 2

Thanks, Niall.  This looks like it will work.  The only problem is that when I download the Adobe file, it won't let me click the buttons for the screenshots or the script information.  Any idea why that might be happening?

Thanks again for your help.

Laura

Level 10

Hi Laura,

It may be that the form is opened in the browser. Try downloading the form and opening it in Acrobat. I have checked here and it is set for a Target Version of Acrobat/Reader v9, so if you are opening in an earlier version that may be an issue.

What version of Acrobat/Reader do you have?

Let me know how you get on and I will try and save to a lower target version.

If you open the form in LC Designer you will see the script in the button objects. Here is the form with the screenshots visible.

Acrobat.png

The previous screenshots in the earlier exapmes are also relevant, so come back if you can't get it working in Acrobat/Reader.

Niall

Level 2

I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro.  I downloaded the file, then saved as a PDF file, opened it up in Acrobat and the buttons still didn't work.  Also, when I opened the file in LC Designer, I wasn't able to see the script for the buttons (the script would be located on the script editor, correct?).  I hope it's not some kind of network issue.  Again, thanks for your help!

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Laura,

That is very strange. I downloaded a fresh version from the website and it works perfectly. All of the script is in the correct place.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Can I sugggest that you right click the download link and select "save a copy as" from the alternative menu. This should save the form locally and from there you should be able to open it in Acrobat.

If you are a Mac, just make sure that the form is not opening in Apple Preview.

Also make sure that Javascript is enabled in Acrobat (in the preferences window).

Niall

Level 2

Hi Niall,

You figured it out!  I didn't have javascript turned on.  Now it is working perfectly.  I think this will help me tremendously.  Thanks so much for your help!!!!!

Laura