Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need help with bubbletip or something more clever

Level 4

good morning,

I have a client that would like to be able to show some sort of buble tip data on a specific sentence on a form.

I though that maybe using the bubble tip for this might be enuff, but the text to be displayed is a bit to big so it doesnt look very good.

I dont really know if there's more then just one way to go about making this happen, but besides the tool/bubble tip approach, im not sure how to go about making this happen.

My only condition here is that it doesnt appear until they either mouse over or use a button or what everelse might work for this.

I saw that you can add a Sticky note on a PDF, but not sure if that can be applied to a LC Designer form. But that's a good visual on what i would like to get as my final result here.

Any thoughs idea on how i can provide extra info to a client and only when asked for it? (via a button, notes, etc)

Thank you very much,

Patrick

3 Replies

Former Community Member

The Tool Tip box within the Accessibility Palette works on mouseover and you can format font I believe.

Another option is to use Action builder to display a messagebox on the mouseover event of some object on your form.

I'm using the tool tip very heavily on a form to provide users a bit more definition on what is expected in various fields.

Level 4

thx for that tip with action builder. i tried it and it works well. I just a very big paragraph to use as a tool tip.

But ive tried both of these right now and im just curious if that's prety much the only 2 ways to go about this or if theres a secret way as well hehe

PAtrick

Level 4

Also, i was wondering if its at all possible to change the width of the tooltip as it displays the content. Right now i wouldnt mind if it was a bit widder to accomodate the text, just dont know if thats doable.

Thank you,

PAtrick