Expand my Community achievements bar.

Need help in configuring Rights Management sever in Adobe Pro

Level 2

ERROR1.PNG

I am working on Rights Management ES for the first time. The requirement is to apply a specific policy to a document using Rights Management ES2. From documentation, I got to know that Acrobat Pro has to be configured to connect to server. When trying to configure server details in the Adobe Acrobat Pro, it threw an error that it could not connect to our server URL. The error showed "Unable To connect to service at: " https://[machinename]:[portnumber] ". I did not have any option to change the protocol to HTTP. The URL that we have our server configured to is HTTP. The Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management document always refer to HTTPS URLs, and at one place it also says Rights Management ES2 is accessed via secure sockets layer (SSL). 

How to proceed or fix this? Can anyone help?

1 Reply

Former Community Member

You must configure SSL for the application server that you are running Rights Management on.  To connect Acrobat to RM, you must use HTTPS (SSL).

Check your Application Server (JBoss\WebLogic\WebSphere) documentation for the instructions on configuring SSL.

Regards

Steve