Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Need explanation about adobe products for developers

Level 1

I need explanation about what products I need to use for developing dynamic adobe PDF forms..

Currently I use only LiveCycle Designer ,but I in previous posts I found that I need to use additional products as Acrobat or Extension to designer.

My question is if I need to devlop dynamic PDF form what exactly products I need that will be cover all developing issues?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Covering all developer/developing issues is very broad.

LC Designer is part of the LiveCycle suite. Which components you need from the suite will depend on your environment, your workflow, and how you want to process the data.

More information here: http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/

If you wanted to create forms and use Reader to interact with the form, then the minimum specification would be:

• LC Designer
  • Adobe Reader

However there would be restrictions in the functionality (eg you could not save the form in Reader as it would not be Reader enabled).

If you want to Reader enabled the form in Acrobat Standard v9 or Acrobat Pro v8, then you will need Acrobat as well. This will unlock some of the features.

If you want users with Reader to have full access to all features (as if the form was opened in Acrobat) then you will also need LC Reader Extensions ES2. You would use this to Reader enable the form before you deploy it.

See summary here:

options.png

Other components in the LC suite provide other functionality such as digital signatures, rights management, etc. You should talk directly with the Adobe sales rep in your geographical location.

Good luck,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Covering all developer/developing issues is very broad.

LC Designer is part of the LiveCycle suite. Which components you need from the suite will depend on your environment, your workflow, and how you want to process the data.

More information here: http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/

If you wanted to create forms and use Reader to interact with the form, then the minimum specification would be:

• LC Designer
  • Adobe Reader

However there would be restrictions in the functionality (eg you could not save the form in Reader as it would not be Reader enabled).

If you want to Reader enabled the form in Acrobat Standard v9 or Acrobat Pro v8, then you will need Acrobat as well. This will unlock some of the features.

If you want users with Reader to have full access to all features (as if the form was opened in Acrobat) then you will also need LC Reader Extensions ES2. You would use this to Reader enable the form before you deploy it.

See summary here:

options.png

Other components in the LC suite provide other functionality such as digital signatures, rights management, etc. You should talk directly with the Adobe sales rep in your geographical location.

Good luck,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 1

Thanks for answer now I understand adobe products more clearly.