Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Multiple users filling in and signing PDF

Former Community Member

Hi =)

I'm currently making a form in Livecycle Designer ES4 that is supposed to be filled in and signed by several users. The workflow is like this:

Phase 1:                                                  Phase 2:                                                             Phase 3:

->                                               ->

user 1 fills subform 1,                               user 2 fills subform 2,                           user 3 signs*** and keeps the final document

signs* and sends to user 2;                      signs** and sends to user 3;

And I'm struggling with Phase 2 because user 2 modifies the form and the first user's signature becomes invalid.

Note:

* locks fields of subform 1

** locks fields of subform 1 and 2

*** locks all document

I want user 1 to be responsible only for the content in subform 1 and the other two users to be responsible for the entire document.

Is this possible? If so, how can I make this work?

..can someone help me?

Thank you =)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Two things:

1) In the signature properties you specify which fields you wish to lock with each signature.

2) The signature will appear as invalid unless it's certified, when you certify you can specify what changes like form field entry is allowed to remain a valid document

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Two things:

1) In the signature properties you specify which fields you wish to lock with each signature.

2) The signature will appear as invalid unless it's certified, when you certify you can specify what changes like form field entry is allowed to remain a valid document