Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multiple subforms, only 1 of which will load when the PDF is opened.

Level 1

I am new to LIvecycle Designer, and have had no problems so far that I could not resolve via Google or trial and error.  Now I have an issue for which I cannot find an answer.

I have created a fillable form, 2 pages, that will handle input of various numeric values.  In an effort to keep the size down, on each page I have a subform that will hold some of the calculations, with the total captured on the main page.  That portion works fine--capturing the calculations from the subforms on the main page.  The problem comes in opening the subforms.  I created a button for each subform, that when clicked will make the subform visible.  Each subform has a close button to make invisible.  By default each subfom is set as hidden.  The problem is, when I open the file, I can only open one subform.  If I open then close the subform on the first page then I cannot open the subform on the second page (I can click the button but nothing happens).  If I reopen the file, and open and close the subform on the second page, then I cannot open the subform on the first page.  It seems there is some conflict in the background that causes the first form opened to "deactivate" the second form, for lack of a better term.  I used the action builder to handle the open and close operations.

I receive no error message, and there is no conflict in names between subforms or buttons.  I even tried a test form with 3 subforms to see if maybe I messed up in my first form, but I am seeing the same result.

Any ideas?

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Are all your subforms flowed layout, including the top one and do they allow page break within content?

If you can add a link to you form (maybe google docs or similar) then we can have a look.

Regards

Bruce

Level 1

Hello.

The subforms are fixed layout, not flowed.  They do not require a page break (at least I don't think so) since they should fit within the page.  Both subforms are hidden/not part of the form layout, and are intended to overlay the rest of the form when activated.

Level 10

Hi,

Can you share you form using Google Docs (or similar), post a link to your form in this thread.

Regards

Bruce