Expand my Community achievements bar.

multiple page orientation for imported pdf

Level 2

Hi,  I am using Adobe Livecycle Designer ES4.  I have imported an Adobe PDF form with several pages.  Some of the pages are landscape and others are portrait.  All the pages are being imported as portrait as I assume since the first page is portrait.  The pages that are landscaped are being clipped.  Is there a way of changing the orientation of individual pages that are imported as PDF’s?  I can’t seem to find a solution.

Thanks.

5 Replies

Level 4

I believe one solution to this problem is to have two Master pages.

Click on the Master pages tab. Make sure Page 1 is set to portrait orientation.

While still on the master page tab, click on Insert New Master Page.  On the Master page tab on the object palette, check the "landscape" radio button.

Now  go back to Design View tab. On the pages you want to be in portrait orientation, click on the page in the hierarchy tab, then over on the Object Palette, click on the pagination tab. In the "Place" dialogue window, instead of the default of "Following Previous," click on the little icon on the right and select "On Page." Once clicked another window will pop-up and you must choose from among the master pages you have created. If page 1 is the portrait orientation Master page, then click page 1 here.  On pages in your form you want landscape orientation, click on Place: and select On Page and then the master page formatted for landscape orientation.

Your form pages should now be OK.

Level 2

LateniteNC,

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe because this was an imported pdf file into Adobe Livecycle none of the Master page options seem to be available.  How can I change or convert the imported pdf file to accept creation of Master pages?

Thanks.

Level 4

First, from main menu, click on View and if Master Pagers is not checked, go ahead and check and see if the Master tab now appears.

Otherwise, you may have to create a new form and cut & paste objects from the imported layout to the new layout. I do not know of any other solution.

Level 10

If you import an existing PDF you don't have master pages or any other dynamic features. All you can place some fields over a background image. The design is fixed to the way it is in the original PDF. The best would be to rebuild the layout in Designer to get a dynamic form. If you don't need the form in that way, you should (i possible) use Acrobat to create a form from your exisiting PDF instead.

Level 1

I know this is an old thread, but i'm hoping to find an answer to my issue.

I'm trying to import a mixed orientation PDF (page 1 portrait, pages 2-4 landscape) as fixed pages to drop fields on in LiveCycle ES4. LiveCycle is orienting all pages of the form to portrait. This was not a problem with LiveCycle ES2. Aside from going back to just using ES2, what's changed in ES4 to be causing this issue and what can I do to fix it?

Since these are imported as fixed pages, I do not have the MasterPage options available to me in the software. I do not have the option of recreating the form in LiveCycle ES4 because of the type of files and data I'm dealing with.