Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multiple list box selections When clicked populate text box with comma between each value

Level 1

I have a list box with multiple names . when I Select multiple names I only see one in the text box. Is there a setting to have multiple names concatenate in one line, with a comma between them or does it have to be coded in java?

I am using Adobe lifecycle ES4

Any help would be greatly appreciated I can't seem to find a solution on the web

Thank you Stephen

1 Reply

Level 1

Here what I have so far from this link http://forums.adobe.com/thread/962671

I created the loop along with some actions to make the list box visible on field entry.

//Reset text field

WhichLocations.rawValue = "";

//loop through items in listbox

for(i = 0; i < LocationListBox.length; i++)

//if item selected

if(LocationListBox.getItemState(i))

//check if Text field value if null

if (WhichLocations.isNull)

WhichLocations.rawValue = LocationListBox.getDisplayItem(i);

else

WhichLocations.rawValue = WhichLocations.rawValue + " " + LocationListBox.getDisplayItem(i);

Do not know how to insert comma between each selected name from the listbox.   Had to add button, originally wanted in click in field and have the listbox appear, then selecting mutiply names and when I double click back in the text field the listbox with be hidden again. Could not get that to work,

any suggestions anyone?