Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multiple Line Text Fields

Level 4

I am working on an application form inwhich one of the text fields is multiple lines (a whole page)  Can you please help me as I am want to be able to have this text field multiple line for completing on-line but if the applicants want to print it out, the lines for them to write on a visible.

I have attached a 2 page document.  If the appicant were to complete the form on-line, page 1 is what it would look like on screen, but if the applicant was the print the document their document would look like page 2.

Hope this makes sense!

Jen

7 Replies

Former Community Member

I cannot get at the attachment ...can you post the attachment to livecyle8@adobe.com and I will have a look. Make sure to reference this post in the email please.

Paul

Former Community Member

Sorry I gave you the wrong address...it is livecycle8@gmail.com   ....my bad!

Paul

Level 10

Hi Jen,

If I understand correctly you should be able to do this with the presence option.  If you moved your Table1 to page 1 and changed it's presence (in the object tab) to "Visible (Print Only)" and changed TextField112132244 to "Visible (Screen Only)" I think you will get what you want.

Level 4

I moved Table 1 to page 1 and changed it to print only and change TextField 112132244 for screen only and all prints out correctly.  It nearly worked!!!

This document is to be used as a writable on-line or print and hand write document.

If the client prints the document to manually complete, they needs the lines to write on eg the table.

OR

If the client wants to completed the document on line and then print, we want them use the textfield.

Jen

Level 10

Hi Jen,

I see what you mean now, I think you will have to do this in code and your form will have to be changed from static to dynamic.  So change the TextField presence back to visible and the Table1 to hidden, then in the prePrint event of the page add something like (in JavaScript)

if (TextField112132244.isNull)
{
TextField112132244.presence="hidden"
Table1.presence="visible";
}
else
{
TextField112132244.presence="visible";
Table1.presence="hidden"
}

And then in the postPrint add

TextField112132244.presence="visible"
Table1.presence="hidden";

See example.

Bruce

Level 4

That worked perfectly.  Thank you so very much for your assistance.

Jen