Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Multiple Drop-Down selections by email submission

Level 1

I have looked over several forums and examples throughout the internet on how to setup my PDF form to have a selection of either:

A: Two seperate email submit buttons (that will go to a different email based on selection)

or

B: A drop down menu with the email selections which will send to the specified designation after hitting the "Submit" button.

I feel I'm right on top of it, but I can not seem to get through. If this has been covered in the Adobe Forums already, can someone direct me to that thread? If not, I'll be happy to work one-on-one with someone to review my PDF form.

Thanks in advance,

T. Hayden

Design Services, Purdue University

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I have posted a sample of what I think you want....have a look and tell me what you think.

Paul

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I have posted a sample of what I think you want....have a look and tell me what you think.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks, that works perfectly!

Many thanks to you. I've racked my brain trying to figure out just that.
~Tony~

Level 1

Everything here works great, but how do I get it to send as a pdf not xml?

Thanks

Former Community Member

It is already setup to send PDF. If you want to change the submit format you highligh the "real" email submit button and look at the submit tab on the Object palette. There is a Submit As field that defines what format you want to submit. Note that if you are using Reader then you must Reader Extend the document to allow PDF submissions.

Paul

Level 1

Hi,  i did exactly what you said and it still didn't work.  How do I check to if its Reader Extended to allow PDF submissions?

Thanks for you quick reply

Former Community Member

Open the PDF in designer ...if it is Reader Extended you will get a dialog saying that they will be removed if you continue.

Paul

Level 1

I get nothing when I open the PDF.  How do I make it reader extended?

Thanks

Former Community Member

Open the file in Acrobat. Under the Advanced menu choose "Extend Features in Adobe Reader". A wizard will start. Run through the wizard, when complete save the file as a different file name (I also add a _RE at the end so that I know it has been Reader Extended....filename_RE.pdf). Distributed the new file.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----