Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multi Email submisson base on section data

Level 2

Ok I am new at designing, I am currently working on a new hire form for our company.

I am using Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES v 8.2.1.4029.1.523496

The form is comprised of Sections those sections are base off the criteria that was needed on the form such as:

New Hire

1 section relates to credit cards and if they need one

Another section relates to Expense Reporting

And so on….

I have had end users ask if I can have some static data as well as the specific section that relates to their dept emailed to them, and not the whole form. There is currently a submit by email button that goes to the IT Dept (which needs to be there) that emails the entire form.

Has anyone ever tried this?

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I am fairly sure you cannot set up an email button to email parts of the form.

What you could do though is set the layout to Flowed and then on the click event you add script to hide the subforms that you don't want to send. The sequence:

• hide subforms (hidden rather than invisible);
  • save form (this step may not be necessary as the "email as PDF" does a save - you would need to test);
  • Email process;
  • When form returns to user set visibility of hidden subforms to visible.

If you go down this route, then your form must be saved as dynamic. The form objects can be grouped in Positioned subforms before you set the root container to flowed.

Another option would be to send the data as xml, instead of a PDF. The binding of fields that you want to send would be set to Normal, whereas the fields you don't want to send would be set to None. Users at the other end would get the xml file, which they could import into the form - only the required fields would be populated. However if the form is Reader Enabled through Acrobat then import XML will not work.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Is there a way to script the selection choices based of of values to send an email (static entries)

ie. if someone selcts cc the and changes the value to true. then could a script say if the value it true/yes/1 then send email to someone@xxiixx.com and pull some static data from primary data such as user name address etc. and place it on the main submit by email button? would the from be helpful? as of right now i am still putting together the form. i am trying to create a single submit button to email all users only the data they need to see. and i am still learning this product. I only ask due to i like to exmain all my choices or ideas. (Proactive thinker)

Message was edited by: rghLiquidAxis

Level 10

Hi,

Paul has a great sample here, which shows some options for setting up email submits. http://forums.adobe.com/message/2109208#2109208

Hope that helps,

Niall