Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

MouseUp event issues - what is wrong with me?

Level 1

Hello,

The thing I like about programming is if it doesn't work, I know it's my fault. Please help me figure out what is wrong with me.

I have a check box, and create a mouseUp event:

form1.#subform[0].Table4[0].#subformSet[0].HeaderRow[1].LegGuardResidence1::mouseUp - (JavaScript, client)
app.alert("Here");

This event never fires.

If I create another mouseUp event for a textbox, the textbox event fires correctly:

form1.#subform[0].Table4[0].#subformSet[0].Row1[1].LegGuardAddress1::mouseUp - (JavaScript, client)
app.alert("Here 2");

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Reply

Former Community Member

There's nothing wrong with you. It should work. Per the Designer help "You can use this event to perform actions as a direct response to a form filler clicking a button, or selecting a radio button or check box on a form. For example, you can use the mouseUp event for a check box to hide and show a field on the form. This event is conceptually similar to the click event and has a similar purpose."

Validate there is not another error causing the behaviour. If you have Acrobat installed on the same machine, open Acrobat and click Ctrl-J to open the interactive console. It may show the problem, if one exists. To enable the Acrobat interactive console, go to the toolbar Edit > Preferences > JavaScript and click "Enable interactive console".

Steve