Expand my Community achievements bar.

Missing field in responses file

Former Community Member

Hi

I have a text field that collects email address and the field doesn't show up in the responses file.

Thanks in advance for any help.

10 Replies

Former Community Member

Check the binding tab and ensure that it is not set to None for that field. If no Datasource is used it shoudl be set to Normal.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi

Thanks for reply.

It is set to Normal. No data source is used. I have another file similar to this. I can see email in that response file but not in this. I have checked object properties. seem identical.

Former Community Member

Can you post the form so I can try it here?

Paul

Former Community Member

Here is the form.

I will check my mail tomorrow. Thanks.

Former Community Member

There is no attachment there .....you must add the attachment via the BBS not the email message. Also make sure that you are posting a file witha n extension that tene BBS will allow.

paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul

Sorry about that, here is the file.

Thanks!

Former Community Member

Just tried it here ...I choose email as a delivery method then the email address field appeared. I entered a value and clciked submit. The data was there? Am I missing something?

Can you indicate the steps neccessry to duplicate the issue?

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul

I only see the problem when I distribute the file. When I open the responses file, I can see all the other fields, except email. When I submit the distributed form with an entry in email field, this data is not collected in the respsonses file.

Appreciate your help

Former Community Member

OK I have duplicated your issue and I believe that it is an Acrobat.com issue. When you create the response file they are looking inside the PDF for fields. It looks like they are not picking up fields that are invisible or hidden. I do not know if there is a forum for Acrobat.com issues but this has nothig to do with Designer or how the form was constructed.

As a work around you coudl make the field visible and readOnly (so that it is not part of the tab order), then put a rectangle (fill solid with white color) over top of it so that it is not visible. When you want to allow input into that field you could change the presence of the rectangle and the chnage the readOnly property to allow input. Now when the routine that collects the fields runs, it wil see the email address because it is visible at all times.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul

I took your hint and found out that the field was hidden in form ready, I made it 'invisible' instead of 'hidden' and it WORKED!!!

Thank you for your help !