Expand my Community achievements bar.

Merge forms

Level 2

I wanna know if adobe Live Cycle Designer allows us to merge the same forms filled by two different person (They filled a different part of the forms)Merge two.

Another question:

I'm using the free trial offer of the software for testing before buying it. But when I create  and save my forms, I can't fill it with adobe reader. An error appear " You can't save entered in this form, Print the completed form to keep a copy in your folder" . I want to know if it due to the free trial offer , or should I use another soft like Adobe Pro to change configuration to permit filling the form even if I bought adobe LiveCycle Designer

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I think you did not understood what Designer is for.

It's a tool to create forms you can use in Acrobat or Reader or in enterprise environments with LiveCycle server.

Designer neither collects any form data nor adds any additional rights to the forms.

To collect data and to add additional rights (you'll need them when you want to fill forms with Reader) you need Acrobat, too.

Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

I think you don't understand my first question. I know that Designer is for create forms that anyone can fill just with reader and save the new filled form.

Also, let see behind the forms , there's a XML code, and like you said , there's a server. So the thing that I want to know If there is any solution for merging two different xml/html5 codes (I'll give you an example of merging codes, two person are developing an application, and each of them work on a different part, they can use SVN to merge codes)

Level 10

I'm confused. Are you testing just Designer or the whole LC server?

If you have a LC server you can work with insertion points.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/dynamic_assembly_guidelines.pdf

Adobe LiveCycle ES4 * Creating an insertion point

If not you can use fragments.

Adobe LiveCycle ES4 * Editing and embedding fragments

Level 7

Save your forms as a XDP (xml). Then use WinMerge or another XML diff tool to merge the differences.