Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Measuring per user time usage

Level 3

Hello AFCS Team,

I would like to discuss the best strategies to measure the time of an AFCS session going between two users Tom the teacher and Sam the student. It is important since the pay per use model of AFCS will of course impact our way of making the client pay.

- When Tom says the session is starting by toggling a button, the timer should start being taken into account only if two users are present in the room. Sam also see the timer but can not interact with it.

- When Tom toggles off the button, the timer should stop.

- If Tom or Sam disconnect the timer should stop.

For now my idea was the following:

If two users are in the room and timer is on:

BOTH tom and sam start pinging a web server every minute.

When the ping is received a "session id" "user" "time stamp" is saved on the server.

Every 30 min a cron checks the matching time between student/teacher and record the session duration in a more appropriate way.

How would you approach such a use case for now ?

Thanks,

Greg

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Salut Coulix,

Sorry for the silence on this end - I'd flagged your email as "I need to answer but it will take a little time" -- I'll have a detailed answer once we come out of heads-down mode (soon, very soon!).

thanks for your patience!

nigel

Level 3

Cool, take your time we are not monetising it anytime soon yet

Thanks,

Greg