Expand my Community achievements bar.

Maximum List Box Selection/Hidden Subforms

Level 4

Hi,

I have a list box that contains 136 non-profit organizations.  Below the list box is a section that displays the organizations information (i.e. location and website). 

I want the user to be able to select no more than 3 organizations from the list.  When selections are made, I want the organizations information to display in the section area below the list box.  The information would be hidden to start and become visible once the choice is made.  Also, if they change their mind and want to deselect their choice, I want the organization information to modify as they make their choices.

Is this possible?  I don’t have a clue where to begin.

Thanks!

8 Replies

Former Community Member

It is possible but a few questions 1st. Where does the form get the address information for these 136 organizations? Are you intending on hardcoding these values into the form (there will be a lot of coding for 136 unique entries)?

Paul

Level 4

I added the names of the organizations in the List items under the Object Tab. I intend to manually add all of the information into text fields that are wrapped into subforms that will be hidden. Is there a better way? I've attached the form - it's not complete as I wanted to find out if this is possible or not.

Former Community Member

You only need one set of fields for the address (times 3) and we woudl reuse those fields. Then on the exit event of the DDlist we would write code to update these fields with the appropriate values. It will just be a lot of code thats all. About 5 lines for each address repeated 137 times. Do you want to proceed this way? If you want to send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com I can get you started ...then you woudl merely have to update the code to include the rest of the addresses.

Paul

Level 4

Sorry, I don't think I understand. What do you mean by one set of fields for the address (times 3)? I need the web address to be hyperlinked.

Former Community Member

Sorry I thought addresses where street addresses not URLs. Then you will only need three fields to hold the addresses.

Paul

Level 4

Okay. Can you get me started on this. I'm not a programmer, so I struggle a bit with this stuff.

Former Community Member

Sure send it to the address mentioned above.

Paul

Level 4

I appreciate the help. Thanks!