Expand my Community achievements bar.

maxFileSize in FileManager

Former Community Member

Hi!

We're trying out LCCS right now, using the components provided with the SDK. There's something I can't seem to find any documentation on, though: the maximum file size for file uploads through FileManager. It receives a CollectionNodeEvent with an itemId of "maxFileSize" specifying 10M. Can this number be changed (room-wide) in any way? I also can't seem to find the pricing model for data storage anywhere... can anybody help me out here? Forgive me if I'm overlooking something here.

Thanks in advance,

Bas Horsting

2 Replies

Employee

LCCS offers a temporary data storage mainly for exchange of small files during a collaboration session.

The file size limit is 10Mb and it's not configurable.

There is no pricing for data storage because "we don't offer data storage" as a main feature of LCCS.

We have plans to enable the provided FileManager to store/retrieve data from an external service that you as the developer can implement and/or configure (a WebDAV repository, S3 or something similar). That way you can control how much storage you want to provide for your applications.

Former Community Member

Thanks! Sounds like a great idea teaming up with a "cloud storage" service for this. That would really round out the service.

Cheers

Bas