Expand my Community achievements bar.

max limit for rooms created

Former Community Member

Hi,

Is there any limit to the number of rooms that can be created dynamically using server-side scripts, for free users using the same LCCS userid??

I'm experiencing some intermittently anomalous behavior with LCCS rooms. I've a template for room creation and I've Java server-side code which is responsible for creating/deleting dynamic rooms using the template. Due to a bug in my code under some scenarios, the room deletion failed to kick in, and what I got were some unused rooms left behind.

However, the problem is that for a new room created(successfully, at that I might add), the flash was unable to login to the room using the generated authkey.

When I cleaned up the other unused rooms, I could login successfully to any new rooms I create. I forgot to check the number of rooms I had created.

Hence, the question.

Btw, I'm still using the old URL as the path for connection. Is that any problem?? Should I start using the newer URLs supplied, with the latest release?

Thanks,

Soumik

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

We don’t put any limit to the number of rooms , the only limitation is number of users per room. This holds true on free users also.

There may be something else that can be going on. If you find this problem happening again, report to us.

Using old URL as path shouldn’t be a problem as we support backwards compatibility, but going forward you should ideally use the new URLs.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Ok, cool.

The number of users is definitely not coming into play since, each room has max of 3 participants and they log out appropriately.

Thing is, I saw it happen it only twice, and both times I wasn't in a position to take some logs or do some testing.

I'll try to gather more info the next time i see this happen.

Thanks,

Soumik

Employee

The number of rooms in the account shouldn't affect any runtime operation (we don't limit the number of rooms and creating a room only add the room information to a database).

One problem that happened to another user and that seemed connected to the number of rooms was the create room failed because the room already existed (and trying to access the new room was actually accessing the old room).

If you use "listRoom" to know if a room already exists (instead of querying the room itself or keeping track of the rooms yourself) you should know that listRoom returns only 1000 rooms at a time (the first 1000) so if you have more than 1000 rooms you only get the first 1000s listed.

The returned XML has information about the total number of rooms but I don't think I expose it in listRooms. Maybe I should add something like listRoomExtended that tells you the total number of rooms and allows you to "page" through the full list.