Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Masterpage,hcm p&f issue where binding doesnt repeat itself.

Level 2

Hi there.

Im having a bit of a problem here, trying to use a binding on the masterpage to display someone's name.

It shows on the first page, but any page after that, it doesnt show anymore.

I think the issue got something to do with me using the HCM P&F withing SAP. ( might be im not in the right forum, but i can try right )

The binding im using gets filled with the standard value found in an infotype within SAP.

The problem is that when the page loads, if i use 2 fields and link the same binding to both those fields. Anywhere in the form btw.

It only shows the value of the binding once. So on of the field is empty, and the other one get the value from the binding.

I tried looking on the internet, trying stuff like using a hidden field, try and put that value on the textfield on the masterpage.

The above with the adittional step of putting the textfield's databinding on global

The problem is on all forms i made using HCM P&F. (again might be i made this thread on the wrong forum, im just hoping someone here can help me )

Thx for any help in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That might be the case ...I do not know that product ....so what if we add code to the calculate event of the hidden field to put the values into the fields on the master page ......would that  be acceptable? the calculate event will fire when the form opens (after the data has been merged) and anytime the values in that field are changed by the user.

Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Normally if you want a field two fields to have the same value you can bind them to the same node in the data stream. If you do not have a data stream then setting them to Global binding (assuming they have the same name) wil tie the two fields together so that a change in one will be reflected in the other.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 2

Hey Paul,

yes that is what i tried.

But the problem is that the solution(s) you describe isnt/arent working for me.

[edit]

I have to add, the global-setting does work, but trying to get the data from the binding into the textfield on the masterpage doesnt work somehow.

As in, i made a hidden textfield with the binding(data-node) en tried getting the rawValue from that and put it in the globalbinding-texfield (on the masterpage).

Thats didnt work. I also tried this with the same textfield(with the databinding) outside the masterpage(normal page). Same result, nothing.

The problem is (i think) that somehow the bindings made through HCM P&F dont seem to support multiple placements...if that makes sence.

[/edit]

Any other advice/tips you got are most welcome.

Thx.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That might be the case ...I do not know that product ....so what if we add code to the calculate event of the hidden field to put the values into the fields on the master page ......would that  be acceptable? the calculate event will fire when the form opens (after the data has been merged) and anytime the values in that field are changed by the user.

Paul

Level 2

Yes that is very acceptable.

The point is, its an display-only field. All i want to display is the name of the person filling in the form.

No changes will be made to the datanode at any time so ill try it. It'll have to wait till tomorrow though, as im heading home now.

Ill give you an headsup how it worked out tommorrow, thx for the help thussfar.

Level 2

Paul thx alot!

I put a field on the main (non-masterpage) and then wrote the rawValue to the field in the masterpage, from the calculate-event. It worked.

I still find it weird that when i use the binding on the master page it only shows on the first page, as the purpose of a masterpage is to repeat itself.

But this workaround works nicely.

cheers.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----