Expand my Community achievements bar.

Master Pages fields visible after reopening the PDF.

Level 2

I have a subform on the Master page, I want to hide them upon click of a button.

For the first time when I click on the button, the subform gets hidden. But, when I re-open(Reader Extended) the form in the Adobe Reader the subform gets visible.

Can anyone please help here?

Thanks
Tanmay Singh

3 Replies

Level 7

this is one way to resolve it.

1- on the master page set a field that will be hidden. On your button that hides the page you will set the value of that hidden field to something like a 1 or hidden or something like that. Does not really matter.

Now on your initialize event you will create a script:

if(hiddenField.rawValue == "1"){     //hiddenField is the name of the field you placed on the page

Masterpage1.presence = "hidden" //Masterpage1 is the name of the master page or section etc.

}

I hope this helps

Level 2

Well, I have taken one extra field and set the value of the field as "1", Only when a user clicks on the button.

Now, on the intialize event I wrote script as:

if(field.rawValue == "1"){

Button.presence = "hidden"

}

When happens next: For the first time it works absolutely fine, when I close the form and re-open that again, the Button becomes visible and the value of the field becomes "null".

Level 7

I do not have time to test this at the moment but you can also try moving your script from initialize to form ready or layout ready events and see if that fixes it. Another setting to change is the Form Properties. See screen shot below.

Capture.JPG