Expand my Community achievements bar.

Mandatory fields - working one minute, gone the next

Level 3

Hi,

This is a strange one - to me anyway.

I had some mandatory fields set up (user entered - required).  They were working fine.  When you clicked a save or submit button, if the fields were empty they were highlighted red with an appropriate error message stopping the save or submit from happening til they were completed.

But... now they're not working any more.

What changed?

This has happened to me on 3 forms and I haven't the faintest idea why.  Has this happened to anyone else and can anyone shed some light please?

Thanks,

Peta

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi Peta,

Have you clicked the option to save the scripts automatically ? If not do as below.

Click on : File -> Form properties -> Defaults -> Then Click the Preserve the Scripting changes as : automatically.

Forum.JPG

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 3

Hi Bibhu,

Yes my forms are set up to save Automatically, so that can't be the cause.  But thanks for saying that because I had no idea what that was for and it helped me to understand it.

But for now, I've still got the problem that my mandatory fields aren't working for some reason.

Thanks,

Peta

Level 9

Hi Peta,

In that case I need to see the form. Could you please upload that to Acrobat.com and give the link over here ?

Thanks,

Bibhu.