Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Make the textfield mandatory

Level 2

Good day to all

I'm trying to make text fields mandatory while having a rawValue. I know that mandatory works only if the field is empty. I tried the code that will make the field empty when clicked/entered but I want the error message to pop up after I exit the field or after I save the form. Also, the fields have a validation (e.g., date, time and phone number). I also need the field be mandatory IF the previous field is filled in.

One more, is there any way to make signature field mandatory? I tried the invisible field method but I can't make it work. My form have multiple signature fields and doesn't have a submit button

Here's the sample row in my form

Name                 Phone number       Signature             Date                  Time

___________     (000) 000-0000     ____________     YYYY/MM/DD   00:00 AM

Can anyone help me on this one? Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you mean that your text fields have a value because you have assigned them "(000) 000-0000" or the like, then you may want to use a null display pattern.

So a display pattern of:

null{'(000) 000-0000'}

will have the same effect, but the mandatory test will still work.

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you mean that your text fields have a value because you have assigned them "(000) 000-0000" or the like, then you may want to use a null display pattern.

So a display pattern of:

null{'(000) 000-0000'}

will have the same effect, but the mandatory test will still work.

Regards

Bruce

Level 2

Thanks Bruce for the hint

I put null{}|text{'('999')' 999-9999} in the display pattern

Edit: Now I know what is "Allow Empty" is for