Expand my Community achievements bar.

Make subform invisible in Form Guide:

Former Community Member

Hi,

I designed pdf form in designer ES, wrote code in the form initialize event to make subform1 to "hidden".

When I build the formguide for this form, contrary to functionality of pdf form , all the objects in the subform1 are visible in the form guide preview.

I was confused for a long time on why are they visible. Finally I found : Since only the subform is "hidden" not the objects in it, objects are visible.

So, do I need to write code in my script editor to make each and every individual field presence to "hidden" to make the functionality work in Formguide?

If it is so, I have to change lot of code just for the purpose of form guide. Is there any alternate way of handling this issue??

Thanks,

kc

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Hi,

I got the answer for this question after doing some research. I thought it would be helpful for you people too.

The guide builder is designed in such a way that it will not get the subform logic to be implemented in form guides. If we need the same functionality, we need to replicate the same code using panels as a replacement for subforms in the form guides. Otherwise, we need to write the logic on field level if we are planning to design forms which will have form guides developed in future. adobe came with a different concept for these problems using Data Model in ES2. I need to explore on how this works.

Regards,

kc