Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Mailto: hyperlink opens both a new email message and a new browser window/tab

Level 2

Hi,

The subject line sums it up.  I have  form with email hyperlinks, which work fine except that when you click on them they seem to open both a new message in the registered email client, AND a new window/tab in the default web browser.

I prefer using mailto: hyperlinks instead of some other hack to open a new email message.

Does anyone know of a way to get these to work without a new browser tab/window being opened?

Thanks,

Eric

3 Replies

Level 1

Mine is doing the same thing. Did you ever find a solution? I know my default protocol and programs are set to open an outlook message with any MAILTO command. In any other program, the mailto works fine, just Acrobat is messing up.

Level 10

It's an aleady known but unfixed bug of Acrobat/Reader.

Create a bug report so Adobe may fix this in the future.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Level 4

Hi ADOBE

I'm having the same issue right now, I'm developing forms for an entire department and have been successfully using this hyperlink email for the last 5 years without issues... what is going on ???? im using same version as OP and I need a fix please