Expand my Community achievements bar.

looking at pdf doc on how to create a watched folder

Level 4

Good day everyone,

i just found a great Adobe PDF detailing how to create a watched folder process. Available here:

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/enterprise-platform/digtalLearn...

And i get stuck at the part where it tells me to import that

Watched_Folder_RE_PDF.lca.

file where i can see is available in the attachement section of the PDF, but i have no idea how to import this file at all. I was under the impression based on the steps im on that it would provide me with the entire process or something like that, but ES3 doesnt know what to do with this file, i just want to see where im making mistakes (because i did do part of the steps 8 and forward but nothing is generated in my watcthfolder.

Im a biginner and trying to understand how to create a process that will allow me to apply extended privs on it. This PDF seams to do that but it's not quite working yet.

Thank you again for the help.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

lca is LiveCycle Archive. In a browser, got to {your server}/adminui and log in. Services > Applications and Services > Application Management, Import, select the lca

Level 4

thank you very much Steve, that did the trick.

Level 4

Ok on to the other issues i have now.

I think my biggest problem now is getting that folder structure inside that 'watch folder' folder.

When i deploy the application nothing really happens. Even if i dump a file into that 'watch folder' location.

But if i do an 'invove process', this will start the process and the process actaully asks me to load a pdf in order to proceed instead of getting it automatically.... Maybe some issues there....

When i select an actual PDf to work on, the READEr process will go to the end where it shows me what it did and i can press a button (save document content) (which is my OutDoc results) and when i save it, that copy is actually Extended reader enable.

So im guessing, i just have an issues with the folders not being created.... What do i need to check here in order to see that folder structure appear. the same one in the above mentioned tutorial.

Thank you again so much for all the help.

Former Community Member

I haven't done watched folder start points, but have read some on it. Your process has an input of type Document. That is why when you invoke it, it asks for a Document. This would be a good way to test your process to make sure it works properly taking the watched folder part out of the mix. Turn recording on so you can step through your process and make sure it does what you want without error. When configured with a watched folder start point and deployed, the process will be invoked for each file it finds in the folder pointed to. The files get moved into a completed folder that must also be configured. Once you know the process does what it is supposed to, you can work on configuring the watched folder part. When you drop a file in, it should start an instance of your process. You should see that in the recordings.