Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Long Text Field Flowing incorrectly to next page

Level 2

Hi Guys,

I have checked the "Allow Page Breaks within Content" in a subform. I include a text field in the subform and checked "Allow multiple lines" so if the long text cannot fit in the text field within one page, it will continue to next page. The problem now is the content in the second page is not continue from the first page, but it is copy the content from first page.

For example: 8 lines need to fit into text field. Only 5 lines can fit into text field in first page. Then the line 6-8 should continue in second page. Yes, the text field have 3 lines in second page, but not line 6-8, it copies the line 1-3 from the first page.

Anyone have experience on this or anyone can help me?

Christiaan

South Africa

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

here's your page 2 & 3.  See how 2 flows to 3

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Level 6

If you can post the PDF of your example, it will make debugging easier

Level 2

Hi There!

Here is a saved copy of my form.  See the field with the LONG text.  Once it overflows onto the next page,  you have to scroll to read everything...

Many tks!

Christiaan

Level 6

Here's your page 2.  I may have oversimplified it.  All content flows to next page if necessary

Level 6

screen shot per your request

Level 6

Couldn't attach a Word file.  So here's a PDF

Correct answer by
Level 6

here's your page 2 & 3.  See how 2 flows to 3

Level 2

Hi There!

I have got the strangest problem now...

I changed my form as per the modiefed .pdf you sent last.  Thank you!  Now, when I preview this in the Adobe LiveCycle designer and enter test data, the overflow works correctly!  But, when I view it in our Portal (where it will be displayed for the users) it still displayes incorrectly... See the attatched screenshot. As soon as the text starts to overflow, it starts from the beginning ....

I have even downgraded my Adobe reader from 9 to 8 thinking it might be the problem...

Andy advice?

Kind Regards,

C

Level 6

We have a similar situation. Our problem is related to the forms server we use.

Level 1

Hi Paul,

we are having the same probem with LCD 7.1. We use readonly PDF  for printout.

The long long text wraps to the next page but in this page of the long text starts from the beginning and does not show the rest of the text.

I also get scrollbars when I select the long text which ridiculous for print only PDF.

I was looking for the settings you have made within the Designer to get the pagination correctly but did not find any.

Could you please descibe the settings you made?

Thanks,

Horst

Level 1

Hi,

I found a solutions to my problem (and posted it also to the SAP-SDN forum).

I changed following setting in the LiveCycle Designer (in Netweaver Dev. Studio):
edit->Form Properties->Defaults->Preview->Preview Type->Choose Print Form (instead of Interactive Form)

I prepared some XML-Data and used the preview: voila - no scrollbars!

Since we only create PDF for printing the result is ok.

Update: Only in preview mode the scrollbar is missing not when I use it in server application (web dynpro - ads).

Cheers,
Horst

Level 1
I have exactly the same issue. I have no idea how to try to fix it.