Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Login Information of the user ?

Level 2

hello Everyone,

I have a question in adobe workbench - how can we get the login information of the user in workspace?

I have a workflow where I am prepoullating the data of the originator but I also need teh infomation of the users who login in the subsequenst stages

My question is if i Mr.A logins in at stage1 then we need to get his name (alias/id anything) and if Mr.B logins in in the second stage then we need to get his information...

How can this be done? Please help me out.

Thnaks in advance !!!

6 Replies

Level 10

This question has been asked many many times in the forum.

Please do a search first and if you still struggle we'll help you out.

Jasmin

Level 2

Jasmin,

Thanks for ur response. But it has become quiet a bit difficult to serach in this new forum ! I tried to search with the keywords ( Login user ....) and tried to get discussions..but it would never retun any post from workbench when I try to filter the search..

Ok I found this thread here

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1930778

but what I need is as follows

I have created a two variables and two text fields in my render service called userIDname and testValue. when I render the form for the first time the userIDname gets prepopulated which is fine. when I go to the next stage I want the testValue to be populated with the second stages users value...if I furthur to the third stage the testValue should have the user who logged in the third stage.

So what I have done is I have added another setvalue (which goes to the second time route)  to the render service and said - processdata/xmldata/fform/testValue = processdata/currentuser (current user is the variable) .

I get the same value always (originator valuve) irrespective of which stage i am in ..in the testValue box. but what I need is the current user info.

Level 9

In the User>assignTask step, you can save the ID of the user who completed the step into a string variable. You can then use the User Lookup step to look up this ID, and return details about the user. YOu can then use SetValue to inject the user information into the form.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Level 2

Hello Howard,

Thanks for ur response. All I am trying to do is to get the logged in user info and compare it with a hiddens field in my form and set the other fields enabled or disabled..

I tried making changes ro render service but never sucessful as it return only the originator value..

Pls help me out with this~

Thanks

Level 9

Hi

Please contact me directly at htreisman-at-avoka.com

Howard

Level 10

Can you attach the lca for your process?

Jasmin