Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Locking fields on save

Level 1

Hi there,

I need to create a simple interactive form for my company. The form contains a few free-text fields and drop-down boxes. The only logic involved will be A) some fields being visible or invisible based on previous selections and B) once the form has been filled out, a button can be clicked to "lock down" and save the completed form.

By lock-down I mean that each field will become read-only and non-editable (essentially want it to be a static PDF at that point) for distribution.

My questions is how I can set the various object's value type attribute via javascipt? (the attribute I mean is the one that can have values of "User Entered - Optional", "Read Only" etc).

I'm assuming this would be the standard way to do this, but to be honest I've only started using Lifecycle today so if there is an easier way to do this please let me know!

FYI I'm using Lifecycle Designer 8

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2 Replies

Former Community Member

You set the access property to "readOnly". For example, in JavaScript for a field called 'firstName', form1.page1.firstName.access = "readOnly";

Steve

Level 1

Perfect. Thanks for helping a newbie Steve.