Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Lock form upon submission

Level 1

Hello, all!

I know this questions has been asked and posted before throughout these forums, but none of the answers seem to work for my situation.

I created a fillable form in Adobe LiveCycle. This form is submitted via e-mail. I need this form to be locked/uneditable when it is sent so that the recipient cannot alter it.

I know it's possible, but I have limited coding knowledge and can't seem to make it work. Any help would be monstrously appreciated.  =D

Also, once the file is sent (I have it set to be sent as a .pdf), is there any way to change the file name of the attachment?

2 Replies

Level 6

Have you seen this thread.  Read through it because there is a sample attached that provides the code for making all fields read only.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1973147#1973147

Question 2:  I do not believe the name of the attachment can be changed.  Adobe does not support that functionality.  The user can "Save As" and change the name.

Former Community Member

OK: form is submitted via e-mail

OK: I need this form to be locked/uneditable when it is sent so that the recipient cannot alter it. (FLATTEN)

OK: I know it's possible, but I have limited coding knowledge and can't seem to make it work. Any help would be monstrously appreciated.  =D

OK: Also, once the file is sent (I have it set to be sent as a .pdf), is there any way to change the file name of the attachment?

Check out www.pdfemail.net

PDFEmail.net can send PDF form submissions in FDF, XFDF, XDP, XML & PDF formats with Adobe Reader and ASP.net. PDFEmail.net works without any programming required. PDFEmail.net allows you to setup attachment formats and filenames, e-mail message fields, and user responses or redirects.

Using your own SMTP server, PDFEmail.net sends the form submissions without client side e-mail software such as OUTLOOK. Just create the scripts on a workstation, and upload the package to your virtual directory on your ASP.net web server, and set the submit action to point to the script.